Thursday, August 2, 2012

Enjoying the Moments

"Stop. Slow down. Enjoy the moment. We are making memories, Christine." I can not tell you how many time my mother has said these words to me. It is true... I do get caught up in reaching the goal and often miss the small things.

As I have reached adulthood, I must say these moments are slowly taking precedence over the larger outcome. This visit home had no particular "goal," but that allowed for me to slow down and take in all of these smaller moments. Here are just a few.

I held baby Maddex for the first time! He immediately stole my heart, and I can not wait to watch him grow into a man. I must confess, I have never found myself attached to a baby. I could take or leave them but not Maddex... He hooked me instantly.

I spent an entire day with one of my favorite people in the world, Abbie Roberts. We canned pears, made dinner, did some crafts, and ended on a meaningful discussion. The Roberts family is one of the biggest blessings I have, and I cherish each one of them.

Tonj and I had more simple moments this trip then we ever had. We watched the opening ceremonies, got pedicures, saw a movie, had breakfast together, shopped a little, and simply laughed. It was joyous from start to finish.

There you have it. Just a few of the memories from this weekend. There were so many more great moments, and the trip was a great reminder to slow down and appreciate all the little moments.

It is funny how the words I once rolled my eyes at are the ones defining who I am and who I want to be.

Here's to stopping and enjoying the moment for all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment