Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Of course he was nice to you; he thought you were coming on to him!"

Here is a little story for those of you who miss my absurdity... Okay so let me set the scene. We all went to a play last night and the theatre was rather dark. During the first half of the play, there were moment when I would jump and grab the person next to me... okay no big deal right? The play breaks for intermission, and as we re-enter the theatre we are directed to a new location. The second location is even darker from the first, and somehow I get separated from the group... but, I see Rex (he’s kinda tall...) and walk in that direction. Someone is sitting in the seat right next to him, so I just assume it is someone in our group and sit next to him. Before the play begins, I turn to him and say:

 “Sorry if I do this (grab his upper thigh) during the play... I was really scared in the first half.”

To which I receive this lovely response, “Oh that is totally fine. I think they are going for the scared aspect.” All of this is in a British Accent... I strain my eyes and notice that it indeed is a complete stranger...

Humiliated. Yes.

I don’t even know how to recover from that aka I stumble over an, “I’m sorry... I thought I knew you...”

He kindly responded, “Oh no worries. If you still need to that is fine.”

Needless to say, I kept my hands in my lap (a safe distance away from his upper thigh) the whole time.

 Here’s  to absurd moments that become great stories!

Fall break stories soon... and don't worry they are absurd too!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment