Friday, June 22, 2012

Simply Living


Living. In its simplest form is the act of life, and that is exactly what I have been doing. I am working, cooking for myself, exploring this city, and building new friendships. It feels like an actual life; the past year was full of out of body experiences that almost seem so unreal to be my own. Who gets to simply discover the countryside of London one weekend and find themselves amongst the waters of Venice the next? Not many. Those experiences will forever hold a distinct place in life, but I know that realistically I cannot have those constant grand adventures on a day to day life.

I can have different adventures. Instead of spending the weekend in Paris, I discovered the local French restaurant. I spend my afternoons exploring in the local discovery center, instead of surrounded by the impressionists in the National Gallery. They are simply new adventures, and I am still learning so much about myself through them.

Okay, so let’s catch up... shall we? We shall. I have started working, and that means I now find myself at swim lessons, searching for that missing sock, or pretending to be a princess all afternoon. I am blessed. Children have always found their way into my heart, and these kids are doing just the same. It is something about that pure joy of a child that brings me my own joy.

The apartment is simply great, and I am getting to know my roommates more and more each day. I did not know either of them on a close basis before we moved in, but that is changing. Whether it be through Monday night Bachelorette discussions to craft days covered in paint real friendships are being built.

The restaurant adventure has continued and many more have been crossed of the list. The highlights for me have been Chez Fon Fon, Do Di Yos, and The Brick and Tin. All three bring such different foods to the table (literally) while offering unique atmospheres. Each experience is unique in its own. The people I am with, the actual food we eat, the day’s events, and so many other elements change each time, but the laughing of friends, the learning of new things, and the discovering of the city are all interwoven into each experience. It is so much more than food.

Work is calling my name, and Caroline is coming to visit this weekend!! I must go get ready for both.

Here’s to living in the now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment