Saturday, June 9, 2012

New Things


Ramen has been eaten (sorry Mom, I am going grocery shopping tomorrow... promise). A mattress has been bought. Checks have been written. Ahhhh! And, it’s only day two. I am constantly excited about this little place that will be home; it takes the smell of a candle (completely forbidden in the dorms of course... I mean fire... satan? We get it) to make my heart simply full of excitement. 

The adventures have already started, so let’s get down to business.  Okay, so a major part of the adventures revolve around an idea Rex had to try all new restaurants this summer. I am totally onboard. Birmingham has one of the most diverse food scenes, but the real appeal to me is discovering. The city is extremely divided into unique areas and what better way to experience them all than through their food. So, to kick off the list we started off with a French cafĂ© and a movie on Friday followed up by a quaint, retro dinner and a whisky bar tonight. I loved them both, but I might say tonight was the winner.

Although the food was delicious, my favorite part has been the conversations, the getting there, the sharing of experiences, the friendships. I am truly blessed to have such a strong group of friends who I can share all this with.  

Well there is so much more to say, but we are about to have our first STNP (stay the night party). What up Stephanie for the visit!

Here’s to trying new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment